Friday, 13 February 2015

The Relevance of My Opinion and Other Clarifications

As I didn't want my first post to be a mile long I decided to leave this part out for later. So, let's get down to business. I want to talk about what I'm planning to talk about (heh) on this blog in the future. My hope is that I would manage to post something once every day or every couple of days. Obviously, the subjects will mostly be games, gaming in general or some other form of entertainment which I find interesting to write about.

What I really want to emphasize though is the nature of the articles I'm planning to write. The first word that comes to mind when talking about writing something on the subject of gaming is naturally "reviews". Of course, I've thought about writing reviews on games many times, but I don't feel like it would work for me. I feel like writing a review(a truly critical one at least) involves providing an objective view on every aspect of a game and it has to also come from the point of view of someone with a lot of experience in the field. That is why I will not try to provide criticism on whatever it is that I am writing about. I cannot promise I will be perfectly objective in what I'm going to write, but I will definitely try and I will definitely state any bias that I might have about certain matters so that you, as a reader, can take them into account when comparing your opinion with mine. Experience-wise, even though I have been playing games for a very long time I still do not feel it's enough to make me an expert. So, if you're reading my posts expecting critique, I'm going to have to disappoint you.

What remains, is to justify then the relevance of my opinion (hey look, it's like in the title, heh). Why would my opinion even matter then? If it's in no way bringing much experience and neither is it very objective, then what's it worth? Well, it's really not worth much. Not to anyone personally at least (except me of course). It might be worth something to someone looking to compare his opinion with someone else. That's what I'm really trying to do. I want to share my opinions with anyone and everyone who needs a comparison and even discuss them further. I also think my opinion is somewhat relevant simply as the opinion of a young person. A person whose opinion is not influenced so much by the nostalgia of the golden age of gaming, for example.

This is why I invite you to follow this blog in the days to come. Let's talk about (well... write about) games! As I stated in the upper rows, I plan on writing something every day or every couple of days, about games, about things that happen in the gaming world and maybe more. Thanks again for baring with me. Feel free to comment and share. No need to be shy ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment